Position Announcement - Program Manager Bejing China
Role: Program Manager
Organization: Apparel Impact Institute
Location: Beijing, China
Apparel Impact Institute (Aii) is a nonprofit collective founded in 2017 by four industry leaders: the Sustainable Apparel Coalition (SAC), the Sustainable Trade Initiative (IDH), Natural Resource Defense Council (NRDC) and Target Corporation. The organization emerged organically as a result of a real need that apparel brands and retailers self-identified. Gap Inc., PVH Corp., Arvind Mills, HSBC, GIZ, Stichting Doen and Schmidt Family Foundation joined the founders in the first three years of start-up and organizational development.
Aii identifies, funds, and scales proven quality solutions to accelerate positive impact in the apparel and footwear industry. Aii programs focus on areas that result in positive environmental impact from the production of apparel and footwear products to improve the industry. Our current strategic focus is climate action, in helping the industry reach their Science Based Targets commitment. To learn more about Aii, visit https://apparelimpact.org.
- Program Management, including;
- Provide data analysis, project summaries and key findings to manage the program implementation.
- Track key deliverables and monitor progress towards major milestones to achieve established program goals.
- Facilitate communications to brand partners, trade associations, individual mills and program supporters.
- Other tasks as needed for project implementation. Manage all marketing and comms resources including agency relations
- Outreach and relationship building, including;
- Develop and enhance partnerships with experts and expert institutions with sector-relevant experience and knowledge.
- Support and promote the Aii among target agencies and countries.
- Routine tasks, including;
- Prepare, process and track invoices, expenses, contracts, and copy, scan and distribute documents, etc.
- Drafting, editing and, reviewing and translation of written materials as needed
- Assist in research and analysis of program relevant topics such as supply chain policy, corporate governance, sector planning, technical improvements and technology
- Creating and editing different versions of newsletter/updates as required by the program or office
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in environmental engineering, industrial engineering, energy engineering or another relevant field
- Knowledge of industrial processes with a focus on cleaner production techniques, including both energy efficiency and water efficiency; knowledge of textile industry a plus;
- Excellent communication skills ability to communicate effectively with diverse stakeholders
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs with experience in writing reports and creating presentations and databases
- Detail-oriented and with a strong sense of self-initiative, responsibility, patience and curiosity.
- Bi-lingual in Chinese and English, with English oral and written skills;
- At least 3~5 years working experience
- Light travel for conferences, meetings and factory visits;
To apply Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Program Manager in the subject line. In the cover letter, please explain clearly why you are interested in this position and highlight past experience that will illuminate your suitability for this position.
Aii offers competitive compensation based upon experience, and a pleasant working environment.
Please send in your cover letter and resume before 1st March 2022 to be considered for this position.
Apparel Impact Institute is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.