Position Announcement - Technical Project Manager, Climate Solutions Portfolio
Posted July 21, 2022
Role: Technical Project Manager, Climate Solutions Portfolio
Organization: Apparel Impact Institute
Type: Full time
Reports To: Director of Industry Engagement
Location: Remote (United States or Europe Preferred)
Apparel Impact Institute (Aii) is a nonprofit collective founded in 2017 by four industry leaders: the Sustainable Apparel Coalition (SAC), the Sustainable Trade Initiative (IDH), Natural Resource Defense Council (NRDC) and Target Corporation. The organization emerged organically as a result of a real need that apparel brands and retailers self-identified. Gap Inc., PVH Corp., Arvind Mills, HSBC, GIZ, Stichting DOEN and The Schmidt Family Foundation joined the founders in the first three years of start-up and organizational development. Today we work with over 50 brands/retailers and their suppliers internationally.
Aii identifies, funds and measures proven quality solutions to accelerate positive impact in the apparel and footwear industry. Aii programs focus on areas that result in positive environmental impact from the production of apparel and footwear products to improve the industry. Our current strategic focus in climate action is helping the industry reach their Science Based Targets commitment.
In June 2022, we announced the initial lead partners (H&M Group, Lululemon, H&M Foundation and The Schmidt Family Foundation) for a $250M Fashion Climate Fund, a catalytic grantmaking engine, to help the textile, apparel and footwear industries reach their science based targets commitment of reducing the supply chain’s CO2 emissions in half by 2030 and total decarbonization by 2050.
Our work has been recognized in Vogue, Business of Fashion, Forbes and many other globally recognized publications. We are a fast-paced, entrepreneurial organization in growth-mode. We need talented people who are willing to take initiative and roll up their sleeves from day one. Ideal persons for our organization and specifically this position will operate with confidence, maturity and tons of drive to get the job done in an efficient and timely manner. For this role, the ideal person will be capable of moving quickly, dual-tracking timelines and pivoting when things change. Preference will be given to candidates with experience working in textile, apparel and footwear industries.
To learn more about Aii, visit https://apparelimpact.org and http://fashionclimatefund.org
We are looking for a Technical Project Manager (TPM) to partner with our outsourced web development team to design, develop and launch the Climate Solutions Portfolio.
Managing an industry transformative software tool is new territory for us; we will be looking to you to establish TPM best practices for our team and manage all facets of the project.
- Understanding our mission and the Climate Solutions Portfolio value proposition. Work with the Aii team, our stakeholders, partners and vendors to translate CSP’s mission into working software
- Champion a user-centered approach to design and development. Engage with key stakeholders, facilitate feedback sessions at key milestones, and capture insights
- Document business requirements. Translate stakeholder insights into user stories to inform technical requirements for the web team
- Establish Agile product management practices. Define CSP’s product roadmap, identify priority features and fixes, groom and prioritize the backlog
- Forge a partnership with our outsourced web team. Be the link between Aii business owners and web implementers. Manage project scope, timeline and budget
- Educate the Aii team on technical management best practices. Help establish software product management as a team competency
- Demonstrated understanding of technical project management practices
- 5 years experience wrangling timeline, scope and budget on complex software projects
- Proven ability to engage with technical teams and bridge the gap with business owners
- Experience practicing human centered design and engaging with stakeholders and users
- Comfort with complexity, ambiguity and a fast, start-up pace
Salary will be commensurate with level of experience. Aii offers a generous employee benefits program that includes vacation, sick and holiday leave; health, dental and vision insurance; contributions to retirement plans; competitive salary; and a host of additional benefits.
To apply please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com with CSP Technical Project Manager in the subject line.
Apparel Impact Institute is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.