Position Announcement - Manager of Industry Engagement
Posted July 21, 2022
Role: Manager of Industry Engagement
Organization: Apparel Impact Institute
Reports To: Director of Industry Engagement
Location: Remote (United States or Europe Preferred)
Apparel Impact Institute (Aii) is a nonprofit collective founded in 2017 by four industry leaders: the Sustainable Apparel Coalition (SAC), the Sustainable Trade Initiative (IDH), Natural Resource Defense Council (NRDC) and Target Corporation. The organization emerged organically as a result of a real need that apparel brands and retailers self-identified. Gap Inc., PVH Corp., Arvind Mills, HSBC, GIZ, Stichting DOEN and The Schmidt Family Foundation joined the founders in the first three years of start-up and organizational development. Today we work with over 50 brands/retailers and their suppliers internationally.
Aii identifies, funds and measures proven quality solutions to accelerate positive impact in the apparel and footwear industry. Aii programs focus on areas that result in positive environmental impact from the production of apparel and footwear products to improve the industry. Our current strategic focus in climate action is helping the industry reach their Science Based Targets commitment.
In June 2022, we announced the initial lead partners (H&M Group, Lululemon, H&M Foundation and The Schmidt Family Foundation) for a $250M Fashion Climate Fund, a catalytic grantmaking engine, to help the textile, apparel and footwear industries reach their science based targets commitment of reducing the supply chain’s CO2 emissions in half by 2030 and total decarbonization by 2050.
Our work has been recognized in Vogue, Business of Fashion, Forbes and many other globally recognized publications. We are a fast-paced, entrepreneurial organization in growth-mode. We need talented people who are willing to take initiative and roll up their sleeves from day one. Ideal persons for our organization and specifically this position will operate with confidence, maturity and tons of drive to get the job done in an efficient and timely manner. For this role, the ideal person will be capable of moving quickly, dual-tracking timelines and pivoting when things change. Preference will be given to candidates with experience working in textile, apparel and footwear industries.
The Industry Engagement Manager will be responsible for managing and executing Aii’s recruitment and ongoing partnership activities with global retail or apparel brands, manufacturers and service providers. They support development and maintenance of a portfolio of projects, strategies and tools for industry partners working towards environmental impact goals. The manager is responsible for formalizing Aii’s partnerships in alignment strategies to deliver programmatic results and revenue. They will work closely with a global team to deliver the organizations intended outcomes for industry engagement, and report to the Director of Industry Engagement
- Execute global industry engagement strategies, plans and initiatives
- Manage a portfolio of relationships, projects and annual plans with apparel brands and manufacturers
- Create and maintain recruitment tools and material for new and existing program partners
- Manage intake and on-boarding process for new brand, manufacturer and implementing partners
- Execute agreement & contract process along with corresponding payment and invoicing activities
- Engage global team and implantation network for effective partner management and program deployment
- Represent Aii in conferences, panels and presentations in support of industry engagement strategies
- Additional tasks as needed for project implementation and stakeholder engagement
- Ability to thrive in remote, global working environment
- Demonstrated self-motivation, responsibility and problem solving capabilities
- Strong communication, relationship building and listening skills
- Bachelor’s / Master’s Degree
- 5-7 years industry experience preferred
- Fluent English – oral and written skills
- Ability to schedule calls to accommodate global time zones
- Moderate travel for meetings
Salary will be commensurate with level of experience. Aii offers a competitive employee benefits program that includes vacation, sick and holiday leave; health, dental and vision insurance; contributions to retirement plans; competitive salary; and a host of additional benefits.
To apply please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Industry Engagement Manager in the subject line.
Apparel Impact Institute is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.